I made this one recently and it turned out alright. The recipe makes a very blueberry rich, moist, fluffy, chocolate cake. Discovered it on the web here, adapted a little and converted the measurement units.
- 75g (1/2 cup) chocolate chips
- 237g (1 cup) hot water just below simmering. Full heat from the tap seems to work fine.
- 280g (2 cups) all purpose flour
- 25g (1/4 cup) cornflour
- 25g (1/4 cup) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 10g (2 teaspoons) baking soda
- 5.7g (1 teaspoon) salt
- 400g (2 cups) sugar
- 113g (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 100g (2 large) eggs, room temperature
- 8g (2 teaspoons) vanilla extract
- 123g (1/2 cup) whole milk
- 150g (1 1/2 cups) fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Prep a 9-inch diameter cake pan by greasing it with butter and lightly flouring the bottom and sides.
- In a small bowl, stir together the chocolate and hot water until the chocolate is melted. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cornflour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a mixer to cream together the butter and sugar until light fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix in the vanilla extract.
- Turn the mixer to low. In alternating steps, slowly add the flour mixture and then the milk, repeat and end with the flour mixture. Mix just until combined. Slowly add the cooled chocolate mixture. Mix until smooth. Fold in the blueberries
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean or with just a couple crumbs. Let the cake cool in the pan.